Vintage Poljot Strela 3017 Chronograph - 1960’s Military Watch
Watch «Poljot Strela» Description
Strela (which means "Arrow") watch was first produced in 1959 exclusively for the use of Soviet Air Forces and Cosmonauts. Russian Cosmonaut Aleksei Leonov wore a Strela watch on his wrist during the space walk on the March 18, 1965. Due to this, this watch have become highly desirable.
An ordinary citizen of the USSR could not buy such a watch. The watch Strela were awarded to military pilots. Also, such watches were worn by Air Force commanders and Cosmonauts.
Strela watch is in the top 10 most valuable watches of the USSR.
The watch has mechanical movement cal.3017, one of the first chronograph’s produced in the Soviet Union, designed by the Moscow Watch Factory (renamed to ‘Poljot’ in 1964).
The watch has two sub-dials, a 45-minute elapsed time, and a sub-second’s dial, as well as a chronograph function, and is cased in chrome with a stainless-steel back.
This example is in good vintage condition, without restoration.
Vintage Watch Characteristics
- Year: 1960's
- Case size: 35 mm
- Movement: Mechanical Cal. 3017
- Case materials: Steel
- Strap materials: Leather
Poljot Strela Watch Benefits
- Accurate timekeeping
- Vintage style
- Own a piece of history
- Feel like a cool, stylish detective
Additional photos or videos of the watch
Let me know if you need additional photos or videos of the watch (including watch movement, back case or anything else).
You can contact us here, and a member of our team will get back to you soon!
Watch servicing information
All the watches in our shop are in working condition and have been serviced by a professional watchmaker. We always check the watch again before shipping.
Standard delivery: 10-20 business days depending on country.
Express delivery: 3-10 business days depending on country.
Processing time: 3-5 business days for all countries and delivery methods.
Contact us for the details.
Why should you buy watches from our store?
1. We are selling rare, beautiful and unique vintage and customized watches
2. For an extra fee you can purchase watch gift box or additional strap in our shop
3. We can personalize the purchased items per your specifications
4. We can engrave the back of the watch per your specifications, including choice of fonts, at extra $2 per each letter or symbol - contact us for this option
5. We provide guarantee for all sold watches
6. If there is a particular watch you are looking for, feel free to write to us and we will try to locate it for you !