Rare Diver Watch Lanco Super Compressor - Military Watch
Lanco Watch History
Langendorf Watch Company was a swiss watchmaker known for its fine craftsmanship and great attention to detail. Around 1890, they were probably the largest producer of watches in the world. The company produced watches in Langedorf, Switzerland for exactly a century, from 1873 to 1973.
The most famous brand of the company was Lanco (an abbreviation of Langendorf Watch Company) that was launched as a brand name in the late 1950s. The brand soon became successful and known for fine craftsmanship and attention to detail. Lanco watches are still considered to be of very high quality, and they are traded today as vintage watches. Lanco was discontinued in the late 1960s.
In the 1960s, an interesting type of watch case was developed called a super compressor. The idea was that water pressure itself by tighten the watch's seals: the spring-loaded case back would compress as the underwater atmospheres increased. A range of watch brands made this type of watch using the same cases. In addition to the nifty compressing case, these watches also had another very specific feature: a ring around the dial (an "inner bezel") lived under the crystal and could be rotated via a crown at 2 o'clock. Like the (outer) bezel of a typical dive watch, this was used by divers to time all sorts of important safety measures while diving.
Swiss Watch Characteristics
- Case materials: Stainless Steel
- Strap materials: Nylon
- Case size: 36,5 mm
Made in Switzerland.
Swiss Watch Benefits
- Swiss craftsmanship: This watch was made in Switzerland and is known for its precision and craftsmanship. Tissot watches have a long history of producing high-quality timepieces and this watch is no exception.
- Durability: The combination of brass and stainless steel in the case construction, and the leather strap, make this watch resistant to scratches, corrosion, and wear and tear, so this watch should be able to last for a long time with proper care.
- Mechanical Movement: Mechanical watches are considered to be more traditional, and they are known for being more durable and require less battery replacement.
- Size: The 34mm case size is suitable for most men and women, it is not too big nor too small and it fits comfortably.
- Vintage look: The design of the watch gives it a vintage look that is considered fashionable and a stylish accessory.
- Leather strap: The leather strap gives a comfortable wearing experience, it's easy to adjust and it's breathable which helps to reduce sweating.
- Collectible: The watch is an antique from 1950's and it's from a well-known brand such as Tissot, this makes it a perfect collectible item for watch enthusiasts and collectors.
- Timeless: The watch is not only a timepiece but also a piece of history, it holds the tradition and the craftsmanship that Swiss watches are known for. The watch is also a perfect accessory for anyone looking for a timeless and stylish watch.
Additional photos or videos of the watch
Let me know if you need additional photos or videos of the watch (including watch movement, back case or anything else).
You can contact us here, and a member of our team will get back to you soon!
Watch servicing information
All the watches in our shop are in working condition and have been serviced by a professional watchmaker. We always check the watch again before shipping.
Standard delivery: 10-20 business days depending on country.
Express delivery: 3-10 business days depending on country.
Processing time: 3-5 business days for all countries and delivery methods.
Contact us for the details.
Why should you buy watches from our store?
1. We are selling rare, beautiful and unique vintage and customized watches
2. For an extra fee you can purchase watch gift box or additional strap in our shop
3. We can personalize the purchased items per your specifications
4. We can engrave the back of the watch per your specifications, including choice of fonts, at extra $2 per each letter or symbol - contact us for this option
5. We provide guarantee for all sold watches
6. If there is a particular watch you are looking for, feel free to write to us and we will try to locate it for you !